MSS is an accredited and independent lifeboat and davit maintenance, repair, overhaul and testing company (MROT).
With our fully trained and certified service engineers, we have the capability to perform six month inspections, annual inspections, 5-yearly LSA servicing programmes, overhaul, renewal and re-certification for the complete lifeboat & davit systems, as per IMO/MSC1206 Regulations.
Our range of services includes:
- Release gear system service
- Hull preservation or refurbishment using approved fire retardant resins, paint or gel coating systems
- Osmosis repairs of FRP hulls
- Re-hooking LLRS programs
- Engine overhaul, servicing & testing
- Water spray systems- overhauling & servicing
- Compressed air systems- servicing including hydrostatic testing and refilling of air bottles
- Sales of used & new open/totally enclosed/ free fall type lifeboats
We offer a full onshore repair and refurbishment services from our quayside located lifeboat repair facilities based within Montrose Port. We have established a regional service network with the ability to service ports up and down the UK.